- We all know Scrum, someone gets a credential from some "International Organization" and then tells you how to agile development and what kind of the name of your meeting room you should call.
- It is not I think.
- What I want to talk about is a real Web3 opensource project, how to use Scrum and Sprint even by one man.
- Community's power should be accumulated by science and technology in Decentralized Cooperation.
- Or not, we will lose the future of Web3 in this article.
- I have been an engineer and a team player for over 15 years in Internet software engineering.
- When I begin to talk with my remote partner, I am anxious about the design, the product, and the project progress.
Time and cost: 3+3
- If you have an idea and three people agree with it, you can try it in 3 months.
- If you can't finish it in 3 months, forget it and join another one's team to be a contributor, not a champion.
Idea and MVP: One page and three sentences
- Maybe it is an inspiration from a conversation or a bad experience in some Web3 scenarios.
- But write down and list the flaw and the goodness the product gives.
- Comparing the left and the right: is it worth doing?
- Asking your friends and get some answers.
- Then give a decision.
- If you want to do that, describe a vision of when the product will be done.
- Who will get what if they change the flow of what and pay more or less cost compared to the past.
- Yes, you finish the product one-page design like here: English Readme，中文版产品设计文档
Value and judging rules: iteration and dynamic
- Write down your Mission, Vision, and Value to the customer, this will be more and more clear with daily discussion and change.
- Everything you design problems and argument conflictions, can infer from above directly.
- If not, forget it.
- Cause we build it for our users or customers.
- Yes, what I write down I think is the essence of Web3 Scrum: In a limited time, we make an MVP by rude rules and simple logic to testify the Idea.
- But you will say: it is just theoretical, not practice.
- See the below.
Split to sprints
- Following the description, you can split it into sprints, you can use notion to do it.
- You will get like this: Notion kanban
- Split into chunks is an experienced job, you must know the team member's skills and ability and know the full Web3 tech stack and the product logical architecture and all system components and assembly rules.
- Applicable work chunks will run in one sprint, just about one or two weeks.
- DO NOT OVER TIME.
- Repeat it in the next sprint.
Check it daily
- Write down your jobs on a whiteboard, like this:
- Check it 3 times one day.
- Verify the task is done by the person in charge.
- Check is not just getting a result but a dynamic solution according to different members' various answers.
Build the team and flow
- As we said, a team should build a flow all familiar with.
- All the roles know the job and results they will push in a day.
- Test it and find the faults or flaws, fix them.
- Then have little celebrations at Milestones.
- Build with a team, not a group scatter in the world.
- What you need is to get the VALUE CONSENSUS with all the members.
- Not only for the token or money but also for the Value we create and deliver to society.
- Basically, a team is 3-5 people: a project holder or manager( mostly play a backend role or full-stack player), a design role and front-end engineer(one or two different men), one or two end-user (often does some fetch and carry job).
- If you have an expert consultant team, it is great to avoid many barriers.
- In the DApp Learning community we have over a hundred experts.
Run and get the demo
- End user is also a member of the team.
- Show the figure or page to him, get the shame and improve it.
- Find the true reason why the user DO NOT LIKE the product.
- Talking about it in Daily Standard Meeting in 5 minutes.
- You will get the basic MVP in one month and reprise it 3 times with a professional team.
- Three months
- VALUE CONSENSUS with team
- Dynamic check daily
- End-user role
- Trust and depend on the Community
- I can't find even one member or professional team to work for me.
- I even know zero about coding.
- I can bet on it that Web3 will be the future, our company want to invest on it but have no clear ways.
- I am a programmer who wants to join the Web3 trends to get the alpha benefits.
- Join us ecosystems, be a member.
Next topic: Using open source
- You must build your DApp based on the framework and semi-finished product or APIs.
- We have collected and used it in real applications with millions of engineers, we are the community: DApp Learning.
- To be continued.
Did you find this article valuable?
Support Huifeng Jiao by becoming a sponsor. Any amount is appreciated!